Peebles 01721 588228
Tweedside Garden Machinery Ltd are committed to the safeguarding of all personal data, irrespective of how it is received by, or provided to, us. In this Privacy Statement we will explain how we will process and protect the personal data we receive.
2. Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
• Information that you provide to us when enquiring about goods or services we offer and require further information;
• information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
• Information that you provide to us when applying for a job;
3. Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
• Meet the terms of your order;
• send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you];
• send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
• provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
4. Disclosing personal information
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
• We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
• Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Security of personal information
• We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure, password and firewall protected, servers and in locked filing cabinets.
6. Your rights
• You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
• Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
• We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
• If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
8. ICO Registration
• We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (www.ico.org.uk)
9. Data Protection Officer
• Our Data Protection Officer is Lynsey Taylor; any Data Protection issues can be directed to Lynsey Taylor via - [email protected]inery.com